Thursday, February 14, 2008

Message for Sunday 2-17-08

“Are you thirsty for God?”
*** Song - “As the deer”
As the Deer Pants For the Water, So My Soul Longs After You. You Alone Are My Heart's Desire,
And I Long to Worship You.
You Alone Are My Strength, My Shield; To You Alone May My Spirit Yield. You Alone Are My Heart's Desire, And I Long to Worship You.

1. Psalm 42: 1 & 2 a :

1 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

This is a longing and desire for God. Just as we need water to SURVIVE - we NEED GOD even more!We need to long for and seek God more than the things of this world.

2. John 6:35 :

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
You will NEVER - THIRST !
Jesus will supply all of your needs. This is not just physical it goes much deeper. It is the thirst,the longing, in all of our lives, that only God can take away.

3. Matthew 5:6 :

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
What happens for those who do THIRST for God above everything else?
God blesses them. He fills them with living water. Only God and God alone can do it!!

4. John 7: 37& 38 :

37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”
All who THIRST can come to Jesus. All who come with true belief, faith, trust, repentance and asking for forgiveness of sins.
Living Waters will be in you. This is the Holy Spirit. God living inside of you. This happens the moment you come to Him with true belief, trust repentance, asking for forgiveness of your sins , and trusting Him as Lord and Savior of your life.

5. Revelation 21:6 :

6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
This verse shows He is GOD!!! He gives a free gift to all who will respond to Him with faith and trust to His calling them.
He will end your THIRST. God is all you need. Jesus takes away your THIRST. It is replaced by the Holy Spirit- God living in you.

**All you have to do is come to Jesus with true belief, trust, repentance, asking for forgiveness of your sins , and trusting Him as Lord and Savior of your life.
*** You will THIRST no more! - Matt

No comments: